CITICASITA

CITICASITA

November 11, 2011

Without Further Ado.......! The Reveal!


A little holiday bling on mirror (gold leaf), candles, chandelier beads and vintage crocheted red tablecloth.
All right already. It's done. After two (2), count them two hospital stays I have finally finished (ahem) the wall and plate rack! Well it's about time I say!. It hasn't been easy finishing this project amidst a string of bad medical circumstances. Alas, the deed is done! My son, Edgar,  put his stamp on it by telling me his part was done. Of course I had to tweak, paint, distress and fill in the gaps wherever necessary. We're no experts after all. I still have to finish stenciling the mirror I'm putting up on the wall, but that should be finished way before next year! Meaning of course, Jan 1, 2012.
I've had some decorative plates taking up space in my kitchen cupboard and can finally put them up. Believe me I will be playing with placement and choosing which to display as if it were a toy! I have beautiful red plates as well as the ones shown in the pictures that I'll use when it gets closer to the Holidays. No problem! It'll keep me busy. As if I had nothing else to do! After the mirror then I must tackle the bathroom, then there's the bed that needs painting, oh and the nightstands, then there's the closet re-do. Oh I must'nt  forget the.........oh never mind, you get the picture.
DOCTOR, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE SICK! I HAVE WALLS TO KNOCK DOWN! As well as to put up of course.

Completed wall, plate rack and accents.
Plate rack and wall that love built. My older son took it on! A first for him. Thank you Edgar!
Wall before extension.
Original  stair wall, before plate rack. I cut out a hole in it and left it like that for some time. I finally got around to it!
Before plate rack and under stairs storage was completed..

Wall extension.
Tassel door pulls ordered online resemble the originals on storage cabinet
Wall after paste wax and buffing.
Original tasset pulls on vintage cabinet.
Door pull has been ordered online for the door. They resemble the original tassel pulls on the cabinet. 
ASCP Louis Blue, Distressed in Old White , no wax yet.
Flea market find storage. An old RCA Victor TV cabinet.
I demolished the wall under the stairs and put in the old RCA Victor TV cabinet that was gutted out.  I bought it at a flea market for $20.00.
               Originally I was going to use some white cabinets I had stored away. I used the TV cabinet instead.
Deciding whether to use Annie Sloan Louis Blue or Old White Chalk paint.



Enjoy your week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment